Quest Hotel Cebu

May I still greet you a Happy New Year!

There had been some reservations mishap at Marco Polo (my error, admittedly), thus, I landed on this one called Quest Hotel, through the commendable assistance of Marco Polo Club's very helpful staff!
Quest Hotel Cebu viewed from Archbishop Reyes Avenue Cebu

The busiest front desk I have seen so far! But I took this photo at 7AM of the next day, so no people!
lobby and front desk of Quest Hotel Cebu

It was only this time I realized that this hotel's lobby is actually fine. Though the ceiling is too low.
lobby of Quest Hotel Cebu

There are even seating areas that I didn't see during check-in since there was kind of a pandemonium!
lobby sitting area of Quest Hotel Cebu
Those seats make me feel a bit claustrophobic. Madilim kasi, the ceiling feels too near my forehead!

Note: this was not my choice. It was Marco Polo that picked this hotel for me, but based on my needs (where I needed to be in the next 2 days). But I liked this anyway. Another hotel to see and experience.

Surprisingly, my room was like opposite what the lobby is.., small but has an admirably high ceiling!
bedroom at Quest Hotel Cebu

This bed was enough for me. I didn't need a wide room (I usually don't) di naman ako sasayaw dito!
bed at a room of Quest Hotel in Cebu

Hey, how is this for starters? They upgraded me to a 'premier something' room. Each room on this 7th floor has its own terrace with table & chairs - a smoking area! I said "okay Quest Hotel, thrill me more"!
terrace (also a smoking area) at a premium room of Quest Hotel in Cebu

I even said "I will remember this hotel".., because out on the terrace, it looks something like this..,
Not very good views wherever you look, since it is surrounded by buildings. But good enough a space to chill during the night - for a few bottles of SanMigLight while puffing Marlights! I said "pwede na"!

Here's the rest of the room. In that column of shelves at the end are the fridge, safe and mini bar..,
bedroom at Quest Hotel Cebu

I like it that the walls are bare clean. No intersecting or curved lines to distract/disturb my lowly mind!
bedroom at Quest Hotel Cebu

Careful though at placing small or tiny personal items in those dark colored shelves below the desk..,
bedroom at Quest Hotel Cebu
You would normally expect those to have drawers, right? But whether it's 'pagtitipid' or 'by design', they are left blank and hollow as empty shelves. I actually like them that way. Simple and clean ang 'arrive'!

However, at one time during this stay, I was close to losing my mind, looking for my power bank and a USB drive - both colored black! I looked everywhere in my bags and containers, called up offices that I recently visited in Samar, Leyte and Cebu, my driver in Tacloban, Marco Polo Hotel.., to no avail. Wala!

Only to realize I placed them in those shelves and they got pushed inwards, hindi na makita dahil itim!

Haiszt! I am so.., "huwag tularan"! But because those shelves are dark and deep too! Ayan, nakalusot!

Everything else is properly in place and conveniently located, especially the electrical outlets..,
There's no need to crawl on the floor or move furniture just to plug your gadgets, like at older hotels!

This white tray is wired , so the kettle is always ready at its resting position, just press the button!
coffee and tea making facility at a room in Quest Hotel Cebu
No more saksak-saksak, just press "on" and it immediately starts boiling water for your coffee or tea.

How about the toilet and bath? Well, new building, therefore properly equipped with the necessities.
bathroom of a room at Quest Hotel Cebu
amenities at Quest Hotel Cebu
bathroom of Quest Hotel Cebu
One of the cube-like white wooden boxes contain interfolded square tissue paper, while the other one contains the little things like cotton buds, shaver, sewing kit, makeup remover shower cap and so on!

On the sixth floor, are their function rooms and the hotel's swimming pool. Not big but good enough!
swimming pool at Quest Hotel Cebu
swimming pool at Quest Hotel Cebu
swimming pool at Quest Hotel Cebu
swimming pool at Quest Hotel Cebu
It is still wide behind that walk-up bar. The toilets and shower rooms are there, plus a mini-garden that is one of the hotel's smoking areas for guests at rooms that don't have terraces like at the 7F rooms!

Oh, look up a bit above the swimming pool.., these are some of the pool-facing terrace rooms at 7F!
swimming pool and terrace rooms at Quest Hotel Cebu
My room (729) was facing the other way (Ayala Center) so it didn't have an umbrella for a 'resort' feel!

This kiddie pool on foreground is fun surrounded by jet fountains. Adults like taking their selfies here!
swimming pool at Quest Hotel Cebu
And that walk-up bar btw is only half on water. The other half of the circle is on the dry area fitted with high chairs, ideal for parents and yayas watching over kids. Food and drinks are available 'til evening!

Aha! Speaking of food.., this hotel has one of the heftier (talked-about) breakfast buffets in Cebu!
restaurant at Quest Hotel Cebu
That's just a side entrance to the restaurant, directly facing the elevators, though usually closed during breakfast! Main entrance is at the main lobby (turn-right here, then left at the hotel's main lobby area).

Here here.., this is as you enter the main entrance - controlled by staff, you need to log as you enter!
buffet breakfast at Quest Hotel Cebu
To the left is the side entrance near the elevators - as I said above is closed (locked) during breakfast. That brighter door on the other end is to Apitong St., always open but guarded to check buffet tickets!

As mentioned in the 3rd and 5th pictures above, the one thing weird about this hotel(building) is that the ground level has a very low ceiling that everything is dark even on a bright sunny day. Not my type!

Anyway, as you would notice, all around plus in the middle, are the buffet islands. The variety of food is dizzyingly abundant you'll be confused (as I was) deciding on what it is you want for breakfast. Da!

Example: I like the crispy-fried-anchovies (bolinao?) and 'bulad'.., and they go well with fried rice. But the congee (lugaw) is also inviting, so are their homemade noodles and dimsum. Yet, the usual cold-cuts and Japanese food were smiling at me. Plus there are breads and there are cakes. Makabuang!

And the parade of Pinoy kakanin seemed to be waving at me. My gash, there is even the boneless lechon in both the spicy and not-spicy versions. At umuulan ng prutas, juice, milk, coffee, hot-choc!

Yet I only felt like drinking coke and puffing a cigarette! I wished of those can become lunch!

For the heck of it (since I was already there), I picked those I thought I could easily swallow in one go!
buffet breakfast at Quest Hotel Cebu
Mind you, bacon came in a separate platter! But I avoided butter and jam as they make me easily full.

These are the times I question how I was brought up! Why don't I like breakfasts?

There was even some entertainment. A "mamang-magtataho" roved around, complete with a "potpot"!
taho vendor at buffet breakfast of Quest Hotel Cebu

A waiter saw me taking that photo above, so he asked the 'taho vendor' to circle around to my table..,
taho vendor at buffet breakfast of Quest Hotel Cebu

When he returned, all I could say was "tinuod ka"? He said "libre sir" and concocted one for me..,
taho vendor at buffet breakfast of Quest Hotel Cebu
That triggered others nearby to also ask for taho. In no time, pictorials happened beside my table!

That taho thing makes for a livelier breakfast!

Oh well, and anyway, Quest Hotel seems to be a busy hotel, probably owing to its proximity to Ayala Center Cebu. Like I had a 4PM meeting at a coffee shop inside the mall, since it was just a few steps away, I left the hotel at 3:50PM and merrily took an easy stroll! Blessing in disguise?! Probably, hehe!

Note: the check-in line at front desk is very long and will really test your patience. I have my 'theories' but I would rather keep them to myself. I get paid for telling those hehe! But for us madlang people, the better way is probably not to arrive at the exact check-in time of 3PM. Make it 4PM or even 5PM!

Same thing with checking-out. It's a strict 11AM, so come down earlier. But, if you can wing it by using your charm, do it later at say 12NN or even 1PM. Then adjust your landtrips and/or flights accordingly.

Another thing to watch-out for: all surrounding streets become painfully congested during rush hours.

Post a Comment

0 Comments